Nominations have opened for the 2018 Australian Cotton Industry Awards, which recognise excellence and high achievement throughout the supply chain.
Cotton Australia has called for nominations to the Awards, which can be made online any time before 5pm on March 30th, 2018.
The organisation’s CEO, Adam Kay, says the Awards acknowledge the hard work of everyone in the industry, from growers and ginners to product suppliers, consultants, agronomists, researchers and others.
“The annual Australian Cotton Industry Awards are a great way to celebrate our industry’s achievements and acknowledge the tremendous work, commitment and innovation of people throughout the cotton supply chain,” Mr Kay says. “I encourage everyone in our industry to nominate those around them who deserve recognition.”
“Importantly, we stress that the Awards program is unlike local crop competitions, it is simply a way to recognise those who have made enormous efforts to better our industry.”
“I take this opportunity to acknowledge the support of the Awards program’s major sponsors for 2018- ADAMA, AgriRisk, Cotton Seed Distributors, Incitec Pivot, and Monsanto.”
Nominations are open to both individuals and teams. Anyone in the industry can nominate themselves or others through the online nomination form at www.australiancottonawards.com Entries for the 2018 Australian Cotton Industry Awards close at 5pm on March 30th, 2018.
Cash prizes are on offer for the successful recipients of the 2018 Australian Cotton Industry Awards, which has five categories:
- Monsanto Grower of the Year
- AgriRisk High Achiever of the Year
- ADAMA Chris Lehmann Trust Young Cotton Achiever of the Year
- Cotton Seed Distributors Researcher of the Year
- Incitec Pivot Service to Industry Award
Awards recipients will be announced at a gala dinner on Thursday August 9 2018, to be held in conjunction with the 2018 Australian Cotton Conference at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre (August 7th – August 9th 2018).
Cotton Awards Taskforce Chairman, Geoff McIntyre, says: “The awards night will be an exciting celebration of a great new era for the cotton industry.”
“The Cotton Awards Dinner has a fantastic reputation for paying tribute to our recipients, as well as a wonderful night of networking and socialising.”
The 2017 Australian Cotton Industry Awards recipients were:
- Monsanto Grower of the Year: Cavaso Farming Partnership – represented by Tony, Joyce, Matt and Daisy Toscan (Darlington Point, NSW)
- AgriRisk High Achiever of the Year: Mark Cathcart (“CSD Farms”, Wee Waa, NSW)
- ADAMA Chris Lehmann Trust Young Cotton Achiever of the Year: Fiona Norrie (Integrated Crop Management Services, Moree, NSW)
- Cotton Seed Distributors Researcher of the Year: Dr Paul Grundy and Dr Stephen Yeates (QDAF, Toowoomba, & CSIRO, Ayr, QLD)
- Incitec Pivot Service to Industry Award: Michael Bennett (“Killowen”, Narromine, NSW)
Source: Cotton Australia